Halloween Candy Buyback
Tuesday, November 1, 8am-6pm
ISLAND DENTAL CENTER,
20 SW 8th Avenue, OAK HARBOR, WA 98277
If you have questions, please call us (360) 240-0800
Halloween is just around the corner, and if you're anything like us, that means a tradition of dressing up, scaring a little pee out of each other and - full disclosure here - eating a pillowcase full of bite-size Snickers. And even though throwing candy in our mouth like we're Shamu eating smelt, and binge-watching Netflix sounds like a magical Saturday night, mom taught us that everything is better in moderation. Which means less tooth decay. It also means a lot of leftover Halloween candy.
That's why we're making this year different.
This year, we're offering up cold, hard cash. Have your kids keep some of their favorite candies, then bring the leftovers to us and we'll give them $1.00 for every pound of candy. All of the collected candy will then be shipped to our troops serving overseas, who rarely get any candy from home, via Soldier's Angels.
Why should you participate?
- Every Halloween, Americans buy almost 600 million pounds of candy.
- Americans also buy 90 millions pounds of chocolate candy during Halloween week.
- According the CDC, 42% of kids ages 2 to 11 have had cavities in their baby teeth.
- 21% of kids ages 6 to 11 have had cavities in permanent teeth.
- The type and amount of sugar in hard and sticky candies adhere to teeth.
- The bacteria in your mouth use those sugars for food, leading to tooth decay.
Here's what to do:
- Bring your kid(s) (costumes optional) and their candy to donate to our office on Tuesday, November 1, from 8am-6pm.
- We'll weigh the candy and exchange $1.00 per pound of candy*.
- In addition, your child will receive toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss.
- We'll ship the collected candy to our local troops serving overseas, as well as toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss, via Soldier's Angels.
Hope to see you there! Have a safe and fun Halloween!